So, I decided to try to get TkFE to run under Linux via Wine. I had tried installing a ton of other stuff, so I removed (forcefully) my .wine directory and set everything back up. I made sure to make the symbolic link between /dev/ttyACM0 and com1 (Windows name) in the .wine/dosdevices directory through the command
ln -s /dev/ttyACM0 .wine/dosdevices/com1.
With the phone set in PC Studio mode, after Wine downloaded some Gecko packages, TkFE recognized and connected to my Impression using COM1 as the connector instead of com1.
I did run into some difficulty. I couldn’t create a file on my phone without TkFE crashing and my connection being lost (clearly). However, if I created the directory on my computer, copied the necessary files into that directory, and then copied the whole directory to my phone, it worked like a champ.